Dengue fever is viral now a day and everybody is getting affected by it badly and remembers it could be result in death if it is not treated on time, here are some of its alarming Symptoms to cure it on timely.
Dengue fever is diseases caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. Symptoms of dengue fever include severe joint and muscle pain, swollen lymph nodes, headache, fever, exhaustion, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache (the “dengue triad”) is characteristic of dengue fever.
Dengue symptoms include dengue shock syndrome (DSS) and dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF). These usually require hospitalization.
There is no specific medicine or antibiotic in market to treat it. A vaccine for dengue fever was approved in April 2016 for use in dengue-endemic areas. So the best way of prevention is to protect yourself and your family is to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Treatment is possible if diagnosis occurs before the patient develops DSS or DHF.
Dengue Symptoms vary depending on the 3 stages of the disease.
Mild dengue fever
Sudden onset Symptoms can appear between 3 to 7 days after being bitten by the mosquito that carries the virus. In this stage patient may experience:
- fever for 3 to 7 days
- High Fever
- intense headache and pain behind the eyes
- muscle and joint pain
- low back pain
- loss of appetite
- vomiting and diarrhea
- Body rash that can disappear and then reappear
Dengue hemorrhagic fever
At first, symptoms of DHF may be mild, but they gradually worsen within a few days. In this stage patient may experience:
- bleeding from the mouth, gums, or nose
- clammy skin
- damage to lymph and blood vessels
- internal bleeding, which can lead to black vomit and feces, or stools
- lower number of platelets in blood
- sensitive stomach
- small blood spots under the skin
- weak pulse
Dengue shock syndrome
DSS is a severe stage of dengue. It can be serious. In this stage patient may experience:
- intense stomach pain
- sudden hypotension, or a fast drop in blood pressure
- heavy bleeding
- regular vomiting
- blood vessels leaking fluid
- Dengue is a virus; there is no vaccine to prevent human infection by this virus.
- Increase Fluid Intake as high fever and vomiting can dehydrate the body. The person should drink clean water to avoid dehydration in body.
- Usually doctors recommend Tylenol or paracetamol to control fever and pain rather than aspirin and ibuprofen. Because aspirin and ibuprofen may promote bleeding. Aspirin should not be given to children under 12 years of age unless specifically recommended by a doctor.
- Papaya leaf extract can be used to treat dengue fever.
- In case of worsen symptoms hospitalization is must because it will allow the patient to be properly monitored to cure the dengue.
- Prevent access of mosquitoes to an infected person with a fever.
- Protect yourself from mosquito bites at all times in dengue areas.
- Remove excess water from plant pot plates
- Reduce the amount of skin exposed by wearing long pants, long sleeved shirts, and socks, tucking pant legs into shoes or socks, and wearing a hat.
- Try to avoid being outside at dawn, dusk, and early evening.
- Stop using strong scented soaps and perfumes may attract mosquitoes.
- Wear light colored clothes while spending time outside.
- Ensure proper roof drainage system.
- Apply mosquito repellent cream on exposed part of body.
Every disease is curable if it is identify on time and get proper and right treatment.