A deadly fire at a London tower block “Grenfell Tower” that killed at least 79 people actually started in a fridge freezer.
London police said on Friday that the outside cladding engulfed by the fire had failed all the safety tests.
Britain has ordered an investigation into Whirlpool’s Hotpoint fridge freezer.
In light of the heavy death toll, the police are considering manslaughter, fire safety, health and safety charges over the disaster.
That blaze destroyed about 151 homes in the Kensington tower block and near the surrounding areas.
In Salford, the cladding is to be removed from 9 of its residential tower blocks due to of safety concerns.
The city’s mayor Paul Dennett said:
Meanwhile, the London government has ordered immediate testing of the “Hotpoint fridge-freezer” that was the major cause of the Grenfell fire to initiate whether further action needed to be taken but said there was no requirement for the owners to switch off their appliances.
Ablaze caused by faulty fridge on the 4th floor….
The model was manufactured between the year 2006 and 2009.
Whirlpool, which possesses the Hotpoint brand in the year 2014, said:
“We offer our most heartfelt condolences to the fire victims, those who have lost their loved ones, possessions and homes, and to their friends and families.”
Nine of those who lost their lives on 14 June 2017 has been formally identified so far. 9 remain in hospital, with 3 of them are still in critical condition.
Detective Superintendent Fiona McCormack said:
“We now have expert proof that the London fire was not started intentionally”.
She said the Hotpoint fridge model, FF175BP, involved was not subject to remember and the maker was doing further tests.
The largest maker of home appliances in the world, Whirlpool Corp owns the “Hotpoint brand” in Asia Pacific and Europe.
In the United States, the brand now belongs to Haier, after the Chinese group’s purchase of General Electric Co’s appliance business.
The Hotpoint fridge freezer in question…!!
Whirlpool said in a statement:
Not safe enough….
Police said both the tiles and insulation that are used in cladding at the 24-storey Grenfell Tower failed all the post-ablaze safety tests.
Such was their worry after the tests that the information was instantly shared with the government to spread more widely.
The London fire was Britain’s worst since World War 2, has piled pressure on Britain’s PM Theresa May, who is already fighting for her political survival after her party lost its parliamentary majority in a poll held on June 8, 2017.
When talking about the 79 dead or missing people, Fiona McCormack said:
“I fear that there are more.”
Here is the man whose ‘faulty fridge started Grenfell Tower fire’…!!
The flat’s owner who is mini-cab driver identified as Behailu Kebede ran to warn neighbors after discovering a fire in his kitchen potentially saving lives.
WATCH VIDEO HERE: