July 7 (chocolate days) signifies the old historical tradition when it initially brought to Europe on July 7, 1550. The chocolate first arrived in Europe in somewhere in the 16th century. So, check out some wonderful facts about chocolate!!!
1. The smell of chocolate boosts theta brain waves that trigger relaxation.
2. White chocolate is not chocolate as it has no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
3. Due to the presence of the compound ‘Theobromine’ in the chocolate, it can make dogs/cats ill and even kill them, and it is also lethal for the human too.
4. It takes 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 grams) of chocolate.
5. Every second Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
6. The biggest chocolate bar made by Thornton’s weights around 5,792 Kg (12,770 lb).
7. There are also potato chips dipped in the milk chocolate.
8. The chocolate has antibacterial properties that help fights against mouth problems and tooth decay also.
9. In the year 2013, Belgium issued a limited edition of chocolate flavored stamps.
10. A life-threatening dose of chocolate for human beings is nearly 22 lbs (40 Hershey bars).
11. Some pills make farts smell like a chocolate.
12. Chocolates are the only edible items that you can melt at nearly 93 degrees Fahrenheit below human body temperature, and that’s why it gets melted in your mouth while you eat them.
13. Replace codeine with chocolate when you have a cough as it is more efficient.
14. Belgium generates about 220,000 tons of chocolate each year. Brussels International Airport is one of the most massive selling points of chocolate.
15. KitKat is manufactured across the world by Nestle except for USA country where Hersey makes them.
16. When you look at the 4,000-year history of chocolate, it is taken as a bitter beverage rather than a sweet treat.
17. You can die if you overeat chocolate as it contains a high amount of strong stimulant ‘Theobromine.’ So, its poisoning can lead to seizures, heart failure, acute kidney failure, and dehydration.
18. You chocolate contains bugs mean that an average bar includes about right insect parts, but it is still safe for consumption.
19. Chocolate was used as money as during Mayaan era; the cocoa bean was used currency and it was considered to be more valuable than the Gold dust. In fact, the cultivation of beans was stopped so that that the cocoa beans value would not drop.
20. There is a chocolate river back in the year 1971. The famous river Augustus Gloop almost flooded in the real Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory film that was made with 15,000 gallons water combined with cream and chocolate.
21. A 2004 study in London found that nearly 70 percent of the people would unveil their password in exchange for a chocolate bar.
22. The first chocolate bar was made in the year 1967 by Josephy Fry.
23. There is an uncommon type of chocolate in addition to the classic milk, white and dark varieties, i.e., blond chocolate.
24. During the revolutionary war, soldiers are sometimes paid in the chocolate.
25. The word ‘chocolate’ comes from the Aztec word ‘xocoatl’ referred to the spicy and bitter drink which the Aztecs make them from the cacao beans.
26. The old Maya are the first people to grow cacao trees and drink chocolate daily.
27. Chocolate has nearly 600 flavor compounds while the red wine has approximately 200.
29. Chocolate is a vegetable, i.e., the dark chocolate and milk come from the cocoa bean that grows on the cacao tree (Theobroma cacao).
30. The cocoa bean is native the central and South America and Mexico. And it is supposed that the inhabitants of these regions initially begin cultivating the bean as far back as 1250 BCE.
31. ‘Hot chocolate’ was the first chocolate treat.
33. Cacao and cocoa are the same, i.e., beans.
33. The French leader ‘Napoleon’ loved chocolate as, during the critical military campaigns, he demanded his senior advisors to get chocolate.
34. The Cadbury agency made the first chocolate bar in 1842.
35. The tropical cacao trees can live around 200 years but can only make cacao beans for about 25 years of their lifespan.
36. There are two types of cacao. Many modern chocolates come from Forastero beans that are simple to grow in contrary to the Crillo bean which makes the chocolate tastier.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: