In a shocking incident, 35-year-old Maksud Khan from Madhya Pradesh was operated by doctors, and they found his stomach full of plenty of coins, 1.5kg nails, stones, many shaving blades, shards of glass, and a 6-inch piece of the rusted iron chain.
The surgery was performed at Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Satna, MP where a 7 kg of foreign objects were eliminated from the man’s stomach. An endoscopy done by the surgeons found that Maksud had consumed approximately 1.5 kg of metal items.
The Doctors said that it might be the severe food poisoning case when they suspected of the abdominal pain and then further found out to be 100 nails and 263 coins garnered in his stomach.
Doctor Priyank Sharma, the member of the surgical team, said: “THE PATIENT WAS SUFFERING FROM STOMACH ACHE, SO WE THOUGHT OF GETTING A ENDOSCOPY DONE.”
The reports said:
“WE WERE STUNNED TO FIND THAT THE NUT BOLTS, COINS, NAILS I HIS STOMACH. WE HAVE ENCOUNTERED SUCH CASE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR FIELD. AND THIS MAM SEEMS UNSTABLE AS NO ORDINARY PERSON WOULD DO LIKE THIS”.
During an operation, they found whopping 7 kg of different items in Khan’s stomach. He worked as an auto-rickshaw driver and had been complaining of abdominal ache form the past three months.
Although the family members of Maksud Khan are not aware of his weird eating habits. But his relatives said that Maksud Khan started doing this due to the depression and may have become addicted to consuming metal objects.
His family member said:
“WHENEVER HE FELT THE DESIRE TO INTAKE A COIN, HE USE TO INGEST IT WITH WATER.”
One doctor who operated surgery on the Khan said that while the nails, as well as coins, hadn’t resulted in any problems firstly but slowly resulting Maksud Khan a severe destruction.
The doctor said:
“THE OPERATION WAS PERFORMED IN THE CUT AT THE TIME AS FEW NAILS COLLECTED AND PIERCED HIS STOMACH RESULTING IN LOSS OF HAEMOGLOBIN AND BLEEDING.”