On Monday, the Indian Railways will inaugurate its first ‘gold standard train’ by launching New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express. It is the first train under ‘Swarn’ project of the Indian Railways.’
This project aims at renovating premium trains, including Shatabdis and Rajdhanis.
Targeting at boosting the traveling experience of commuters by these premier trains, the Indian Railways has taken this move to do a complete makeover in 30 trains—15 Shatabdi and 15 Rajdhani at an estimated cost of nearly Rs 25 crore.
48 trains will upgrade…
According to the report, onboard entertainment, new coach interiors, Trolley service for catering, clean toilets with automatic doors, and friendly uniformed staff are some of the changes that will be included in the upcoming Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains. These gold standard trains are being upgraded at a price of Rs 50 lakh respectively.
Here’s all everything about the standard gold train:
1. Railways have set up a 3-month programme under Project ‘Swarn’ to renovate coach interiors, cleanliness and enhanced toilets in coaches.
2. Rajdhani Express will have its route for Patna, Ranchi, Howrah, Bhubaneswar, and Mumbai that are among the 15 Rajdhani trains chosen for service upgradation.
3. There have been plenty of complaints regarding catering, toilet cleanliness, linen quality and punctuality and may more in Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains.
4. This move has been taken to improve services in the premier trains.
5. Shatabdi trains of Vihar-Kathgodam, Howrah-Puri, New Delhi-Kanpur, New Delhi-Chandigarh, and Howrah-Ranchi are among those 15 trains that have been selected for transformation exercise.
6. Actions are also taken for the punctuality by minimising the delays in premier trains. There will be an integrated Braille and disposable headrest covers for executive class.
7. Passengers will now watch movies, serials, and listen to music among other amenities on an onboard fun package.
8. Catering inside trains will also be a target area apart from cleanliness.
9. The coach staff members will be well trained on the topics ‘hygiene’ and ‘trolley use’ for serving food in premier coaches as part of the makeover move.
10. A brand new uniform has also been designed for the staff in the premier trains.
WATCH VIDEOS HERE: